KSC Handbook on Association of the Arts
Rules for entering the Association of the Arts
- Association of the Arts judging is to be held at the Kansas State Convention.
- All participants must be a member of Epsilon Sigma Alpha International, except the Men of ESA entrants.
- All interested individuals or chapters must file an entry form with the Kansas State Association of the Arts Committee by March 15 in order to participate.
- It will be the responsibility of each artist or chapter that enters their work to arrange for its transportation both to and from convention. No items are to be mailed prior to convention to the committee or its chairperson. (EXCEPTION: LITERATURE and MUSIC DIVISION entry forms and entries shall be mailed by the deadline to special announced addresses, prejudged before convention, and brought by those committee members for the convention display.)
- Each artist is limited to two (2) entries per class in any division. Each chapter is limited to one (1) entry per class in the chapter division.
- The Chairperson and committee will be responsible for the arranging of the works to be exhibited.
- An individual's entry does NOT have to be created during the current year, but cannot have received a ribbon at any former ESA contest.
- Although security precautions will be enforced, please remember that we are NOT covered by casualty insurance should damages or theft occur.
- A brochure will be printed listing each participant. Therefore, please submit the entry form as complete as possible by the deadline date of March 15. All information for the brochure will be taken from the information received.
- Graphics, paintings, drawings, calligraphy, and photography MUST be framed and matted for display.
- Poetry, Prose and Short Story shall be judged on content, form, originality and expression. All Literature entries MUST be typed and double spaced on 8 1/2" x 11" paper.
- Exhibition is competitive. Ribbons will be awarded. Judging will be any time after check-in time at 1:00 PM on Friday of convention.
- All works of art will be on display in one of the convention exhibition rooms during convention at posted times.
- All entries MUST have the name of artist, chapter name, and town attached.
- Direct all questions to the Association of the Arts Chairperson.
- A Best of Division will be awarded. If five or more entries are received in any particular class, a Best of Class will also be awarded.
- If an individual brings work that was not pre-entered, it will be displayed but not judged and will only receive a participation ribbon or certificate