THE KANSAS CARE &SHARE FUND was established to aid members in good standing in financial difficulties over which the member has no control, i.e., loss of income due to illness, death or accident of member's immediate family or extreme personal hardship that would cause loss of member's income. This fund can be used as supplement of the Disaster Fund in cases where the amount received from the Disaster Fund does not cover member's loss.
- This fund will depend solely on donations from the individual members, Chapters, and Districts.
- Contributions to member will not exceed $2,000.00 per case.
- Request for aid must originate with the president of the local chapter involved. Should the chapter President be the person applying for aid, the request must originate from the chapter Vice President.
- The Care & Share Fund Chairperson and Committee shall investigate, approve and determine amount of each claim. The Care & Share Fund Committee shall consist of the Care & Share Fund Chairperson (to be appointed by the State President), the State President, and the State First Vice President.
- In cases of extreme emergency, the Committee, upon investigation, may advance funds with the understanding that a formal claim will be filed.
- All expenses incurred by the Care &Share Committee will be paid from interest accrued (if available) from the Care &Share Fund.
- The Care & Share Fund books shall be audited by the State Auditor.
- The Care &Share Fund Chairperson shall be bonded.
- Local Chapter president shall complete and mail three (3) copies of the Care & Share Fund application form to the Care & Share Fund Chairperson. The Care & Share Fund Chairperson will contact the other members of the committee and together they will review the application.
- Enclose a letter explaining why member is in need of assistance. A detailed letter with this information will eliminate telephone calls and speed up processing of claim.
- In extreme emergencies, call the Care &Share Fund Chairperson giving her all the facts surrounding the case. Then, proceed as in Step #1 above.
- A new form shall be filed with the Kansas Care &Share Fund Chairperson. The Committee shall investigate the claim fully and refer it to the Executive Board with the Committee's recommendations. The Committee shall make every effort to provide the Executive Board with valid information regarding their recommendations for the second application by making a thorough investigation of the facts.
- The Executive Board of the Kansas State Council shall review the claim and act on the recommendations of the Kansas Care & Share Fund Committee.
- The State Secretary will submit a written report to the Kansas Care &Share Fund Committee with the decision of the Executive Board. This report shall be made a part of the committee records. The Chairperson shall carry out the decision of the Executive Board.